Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My life in BULLETS

I was cruising Facebook tonight & came across one of my doula friend's posts...her life in bullets:) Of course, I went to check out her blog & decided to take her advice & do the same. In the end, post a comment with your blog's life in bullets:) It will be great to see everyone's lives

So here is my life in a nutshell~
  • I have too many pictures being held hostage in my digital camera and on my hard drive. I do normally back them up, but uploading & getting them printed has not been a priority. I feel guilty since I hardly have any pictures of Brian out. Liam has one that is visible. I really need to focus on getting them printed and sorted.

  • I really can't stand mopping my floors. I have a great steamer mop & it cleans fabulously, but it is one more thing to have to do. On the other hand, I need my floors cleaned since Liam is all over them.


  • I started the Motivated Moms organizer program for household chores. It seems that 3 children distract me & I forget what I am supposed to do. This list helps remind me of the daily things and the not so daily items (like wiping down the bottom shelf of the fridge). It is a very helpful idea that I am glad that I spent $4 on.


  • I trying hard to purge 2010 items from my house this year. I am at 1562 right now.


  • Children's clothing is killing me slowly. I can't keep up with donate, store for baby #4, trash or keep for Brian/Liam. Seriously, it is sucking the life out of me on a daily basis.


  • I have been menu planning for the entire month at a time & grocery shopping two weeks at a time. It has helped me with my budget tremendously. I prepare dinner 5 out of the 7 nights in a week. I do my best to prepare with real ingredients & not from a box.


  • I am very, very thankful for being able to be at home with my children. I went back to work part time when Grayson was 2.5 years & when Brian was 6 months old. While money is extremely tight & many months we go without alot of extras--I feel my family benefits with me here. I only work with my doula clients (averaging about 10 a year) and at a church nursery.


  • This one makes me pause...even though I am 7 months postpartum from Liam's birth-it still breaks my heart to think about how he entered our world. I did everything "right" and his birth was not the gentle beginning we prayed for. I haven't found God's grace in accepting this and his birth story still makes me cry. I have come to the conclusion that I don't have to like his birth though, but I pray that one day I will have peace in my heart.


  • I love being the mom of three boys. I never thought I would have boys, but now I can't imagine life without them.


  • Liam is a beautiful, spirited baby and I am very grateful and blessed to have him in my life. I can't imagine life without him. He breastfeeds with ease and I am very humbled by this. While his birth was hell, nursing has been a literal Godsend to me. I don't think we would be where we are without this opportunity. I will never take breastfeeding for granted.


  • Brian is wild, imaginative, loud, gentle, talkative, loving, shy and did I already say LOUD?? all wrapped into one. I need to be more intune with him and get down on his level more. This time is going by too quickly~ I don't want to miss too much by not slowing down...


  • Grayson is so very kind, thoughtful, intuitive, inquisitive and growing up too quickly. He will be ten in a few short months. I keep thinking that we will only have him living with us for another 8 or 9 years and then he is off to college. I don't know what I will do without him. He has brought so much happiness and love to our family.

  • I pray that we accept God's guidance in if we have one more child and the grace to accept the birth this child may have.


  • I actually like my husband. He drives me crazy and I get angry--but he is who I want to see at the end of the day. He makes my heart happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment